I picked up this cute little bed frame about 2 years ago at a yard sale. Ok, so maybe "cute" wasn't quite the word that came to mind when I first saw it.
It was the bottom portion of a twin size bunk bed - with the top bunk long gone. It looked odd on its own, but I was immediately drawn to the sweet little legs. The frame was a little wobbly with some loose joints and the current paint job wasn’t overly pretty, but I was sure I could clean it up. So, of course the frame came home with me.
When I finally decided to work on this project, I started by drilling some pocket holes and adding additional screws to tighten up the joints. I also wanted to get rid of the bunk bed look, so I cut off the upper portion of the foot board posts. I picked up a couple large wooden curtain finials and added them to the bed posts to give the bed a finished look. I thought I had taken pictures along the way, but I can't seem to find them now. Hum...
After a good sanding, the entire bed got a coat of primer, a number of crisp white coats of paint and was followed with a number of gorgeous glossy clear coats.
Both the headboard and footboard have that great detail along the upper edge.
Yup, still love those cutie little legs!
The project took longer than I anticipated, but I’m happy it’s finished and ready for its new home.
Thanks for popping by!