Sunday, April 8, 2012

Basic Black

Just a short post regarding another project I finished yesterday afternoon.  I picked up this small pine table a few weeks ago for a decent price.  Nothing spectacular, but it was sturdy and in decent shape.  It had previously been painted white and someone had even taken the time to paint a checkerboard in the middle of it!  Perfect for a games room!

Here's the pic from the online ad.  Oh, and in case you're wondering, no, the toys and wires on the floor were not included in the deal. ;) 



My husband had asked me to keep my eyes open for a small table for him to have in his "man cave" and I thought this one would be perfect...after a paint job.

I have it a light sand and gave the entire piece a coat of primer.

At first I was hesitant to paint over the checker board, but hubby had no need for it, so it had to go.


After a couple coats of black paint and a clear coat, it's finished!


The table is a very simple design and with its basic straight leg, painting it was easy.  It will now fit in with the other pieces of furniture in the basement.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them!