I came across this dresser on a local online sale site. This is the picture from the online ad:
I was immediately drawn to the details of the drawer fronts and the decorative molding along the front edges. I was fortunate that my husband and a friend were able to help me pick up the dresser. With 9 drawers, it’s big and HEAVY! Plus, it was in a basement suite at the bottom of a LOT of stairs. Yikes!
The dresser was in decent shape, but definitely had some wear showing. Because I was going for a lightly distressed finished look, I didn’t bother attempting to fill in any of the nicks or dents. I decided to just sand it down and coat it with primer.
After that came a few coats of a warm white latex paint and then I lightly distressed all the edges.
To finish it, I rubbed on a finishing wax to protect it and give it a nice shine.
I liked the shape of the hardware – it just needed some updating which I gave it with a couple coats of Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.
Yes, I would have to say it's another successful transformation!