Thursday, June 14, 2012

Retro Rescue


Before & After


 
I purchased this dresser last year and had it sitting in my office for MONTHS.  
  

It was in decent shape, but had a few deep scratches and nicks along the top.   


The original hardware had certainly seen better days and I knew it would need to be replaced.  


For this makeover, I decided to remove the wooden handles along the bottom two drawers as I felt they dated the piece a little too much.   They were simple to remove, only being held on with a couple small screws.  I filled the holes, give the entire piece a good sanding and a couple coats of primer.   

A friend asked if I would refinish it for her the same way I had refinished a recent set of bedside tables she had purchased from me.  A couple coats of white satin paint and a few glossy clear coats later, I loved the way it looked!   





 

With the addition of the new satin nickel drawer pulls, I think this little retro dresser fits right in to any modern home now.   




 And really, who can resist those cute little pencil legs now!






Thanks for stopping by!

Cristina





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them!