I actually forgot to take an official “before” photo, so I’m using the one from the original online ad. This particular dresser was in decent shape.
I wrapped the drawers before painting to keep the interiors tidy. I prefer to leave the interiors unpainted as I find the paint tends to rub off if they are painted.
I had planned to replace the hardware, but quickly discovered that all new hardware is now made 3” on center. That means 3” from the center of one hole to the center of the other one. Unfortunately, the hardware on the dresser is vintage and is 2-7/8” on center! Eek! Replacing the hardware meant I would have had to fill all the old holes and then re sand, prime and paint the drawer fronts all over again! NOT an option. Instead I decided to update the existing hardware with paint – and I am SO glad I did. I absolutely love it and feel they are perfect with the style of the dresser.
This piece is now available for sale!
Thanks for stopping by!