I picked up this little table last year and tucked it away until I had some free time to work on it. This picture is from the original online ad.
I think it was a corner desk, but it just seemed like such an awkward size that I decided to convert it into a small side table.
I started by tossing the top and then removing the legs and cutting them down a few inches. I also removed the back (someone had previously cut a portion out of it already) and shortened the sides so it wasn’t quite as long.
I built a new top the same way I did on this little dresser. I couldn't trim it out the same way though, but still wanted to add a little something to the edges, so I decided it was time to teach myself how to use our router. The router has always made me a little nervous, but after reading a number of how-to articles and watching a few YouTube videos, I knew I could do it. It was actually a LOT easier than I thought! I chose to use a Roman Ogee bit for the decorative profile and decided to router the bottom edge instead of the top.
I finished it with a couple coats of a dark stain followed with a few coats of glossy polyurethane.
I set the top aside and started working on the table base. After adding a couple new supports to the back and reattaching the shorter legs, it got a coat of primer, a couple coats of soft creamy white paint, some light distressing and was finished with a glossy clear coat.
I had wanted to try something a little different and painted the drawer front with a soft green diy chalk paint. It didn’t look anything like I’d envisioned though! SO, I sanded it off, primed it, and painted it the same creamy white as the rest of the table. To finish it off, I replaced the original hardware with two new glass drawer pulls for a little sparkle.
This little side table is almost ready for a new home and will be available in my shop shortly .
Thanks for stopping by!