Friday, April 5, 2013

Sweet Dreams

As much as I enjoy refinishing or freshening up a piece of furniture, there is a satisfaction that comes with actually building a piece from scratch!  I was fortunate to grow up in a home where my dad enjoyed woodworking and was more than happy to teach me and let me try my hand at it. 

I’d recently decided I wanted to pick it up again and have slowly started building our tool collection.  After my recent headboard project for our master bedroom, I decided to build a doll bed for our daughter using some scrap lumber I had in the garage.   



 
I decided to paint it the same soft cream I used on this dresser and sewed a little flannel fitted sheet, pillows and coordinating quilt using some leftover fabric I had in my stash from another project! 

 



  
The "mattress" is just a piece of thick batting leftover from my headboard project, but I plan to replace it with a firmer piece of 2" foam. 
 



Here's a quick pic next to my daughters crib - it's definitely a good size doll bed!

 


I’m happy with the way it turned out and hope it will be enjoyed for years!

Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them!