I realize it’s been AGES since I’ve posted anything, but although things have been quiet on my blog, I have actually been working away. Of course, with my kids on summer holidays my painting tends to take a back seat, but I’ve been sneaking out to paint when I have the opportunity. If you’ve popped over to visit my facebook page you will have already seen these, but I thought I should share them here as well.
A couple of the projects I worked on and completed.
I actually agreed to purchase this dresser after only seeing a picture online. I was drawn to the unique carved design on the front and the lion-head drawer pulls on the top drawers.
I painted the top a dark espresso with a glossy clear coat. The bottom was painted white followed with a dark glaze to really draw out the details of the dresser. The original hardware was updated in an oil rubbed bronze colour.
This next big project was this china cabinet. I'd had it sitting waiting its turn for too long and it was high time it was refinished!
I stripped the paint off the top of the bottom portion and stained it a darker colour followed by a glossy poly.
The remainder of the cabinet was painted a light grey and then also followed with a darker glaze. I replaced all the old/damaged hardware with new brushed nickel and removed the dated glass and added a simple hardware cloth. The original back panel was damaged so I also replaced that with a brand new piece.
Both pieces have been sold.
Thanks for popping by!